Thursday, January 16, 2014

Introducing The Hint Dropper

Hey there! Today I have something new, and maybe even a bit outrageous to share with you. It's a little something I dreamed up, to help you ladies get the items you're lusting after, and for your gentlemen (or lady) friends, to give exactly what you're wishing for. But first, a bit of background:

Though I like to consider myself a (relatively) un-materialistic gal, I do have a soft spot for lovely things. Buttery leather handbags, gorgeous shoes, and of course, sparkly jewels, all catch my eye on a regular basis. My boyfriend, that lucky man he is, often gets to see and hear about the beautiful items I am drooling over, and while he puts up a good show, let's face it - my wants and desires often overwhelm him. When it came time to talk about gift ideas for one another this Christmas - whether we should exchange presents at all, if a spending limit might be appropriate - Chris reported: the problem is, everything you want is really nice (read: expensive). In other words, "While I'd love to shower you in luxurious gifts, that's not always feasible." 

Eventually Christmas arrived, and as I was set to open my present from Chris I admitted that for one of the first times in memory, I had no clue what I was getting. (Chris would say I'm a bit nosy; I call it being a good guesser, i.e. he's bad at surprises.)  

As he had said himself, most of the items I'd mentioned were slightly pricy and perhaps frivolous, and my guy is a pretty straight-up and practical type. So imagine my glee and surprise when the gift turned out to be a beautiful handbag I had asked for. Yes, despite my surprise, I had explicitly asked Chris if he'd gift me this item: earlier in the Fall I had sent Chris a fairly straight-up email with a link to the bag I liked, and a cheeky little note saying something to the effect of, "Christmas present, perhaps? :)" Funny, that.

Which brings us back to my idea to help you and your poor, stumped guy, by facilitating a gift-giving experience that is pain-free for everyone. It's a simple little tool I call the "Hint Dropper" - effectively, an email that gets sent to your hint-recipient care of me and Keltie Leanne Designs. While I can't promise 100% effectiveness, I will say that sometimes it really is as simple as asking for what you want, and then making it super easy to deliver. I am even including a free shipping code so your man can go shopping in his underwear at keltieleannedesigns.com, and not even have the headache of extra postage fees. Here's what the Hint Dropper email will look like (insert your/his own names):




This concept is still in it's infancy, so I would love your feedback on what you think, and how the Hint Dropper might be improved. It is still a little ways out, but I had the vision that it could be incorporated into each product page on our site, so that by clicking a link, you can easily drop a hint from our website itself. Until then, you can drop you own hint HERE, or by keeping your eyes open on our Facebook Page and other social media for the Hint Dropper. 

So, leave me your thoughts below, and then let me know - do you ever drop hints for your loved ones, when there is an item you have your eye on?

5 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea! I would probably suggest making the email even shorter with the really pertinent info larger/more obvious (and making the name of the item of interest a direct link to the appropriate page on your website). Love the idea of having the hint dropper as a direct link option from each product page on your website too.

    ~Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input, Sam! Lord knows brevity has never been my strong point, he he. I will also make sure to link to the item in question and hope to incorporate this function into each product page soon!

      Delete
  2. Sam beat me to it. Short and direct link. I would be wary - depending on the subject line - that this was phishing instead of a legit hint. Perhaps the subject line might say something like "Someone you love was e-window shopping at Keltie Leanne Designs..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I definitely agree that I don't want people to think it's spam and will make sure to include a direct link to the item of interest! Thanks again :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete