Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thank-You

I love having my own business, but it also requires a lot of hard work, time and dedication. It can be especially challenging trying to balance this company with a full-time day job, relationships, family, other life stuff and of course, fun! Plus, when you're a driven and somewhat (okay, quite) type-A person like I am, it's easy to have days where it seems like progress is moving too slowly, or that there aren't enough hours to achieve all of the dreams that you're chasing. In short, despite the thrill of creating something that is all yours - which trust me, is a feeling like no other - being a small business owner can also involve a fair amount of sweat and tears.

But, my lovely readers, just when a day or week is leaving me feeling a bit down and out, some little bit of brightness lights up my day:

A customer writes to say how much they love their new piece.

I see them holding their head up a little bit higher, or that big grin they get when they discover a special item they love. 

I notice the self-pleased look when a husband or boyfriend picks out the perfect gift for their special lady, and the glow she gets when she's wearing it.

I get exited feedback about a new design I've created.

For all of this, I just wanted to say, thank-you. Thank you for your words of encouragement, your support, your kind feedback. It truly keeps me going, and shows me that despite any doubts, I'm on the right track.




Like this post? Sign up below to stay up-to-date with the latest.

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment