Friday, June 27, 2014

What I'm Loving Lately

I don't know about you, but I'm a big believer that it's the little things in life that bring the most joy. Of course, the most important things are those that can't be measured or bought - wonderful friendships, a fulfilling career, family - but that isn't to say that sometimes small and even somewhat superficial pleasures can't put a smile on one's face. Here are just a few of the things that I'm personally, loving lately:

Rose Hip Oil: I need to thank my dear old ma, for this little beauty secret. She was recently tipped off on using rose hip oil as a means of keeping her highly sensitive skin youthful and dewy, and treated me to a bottle of this delicious stuff for a birthday gift. Upon further research and time using the product I've discovered that this natural beauty treasure is great for everything from creating a beautiful dewy glow, to helping reduce wrinkles and stretchmarks and repairing damaged tissue. Truly, this magnificent and healthy oil has me in love. 

Stand Up Paddle Boarding: If you haven't tried stand-up paddle boarding because you think it must be super tricky or only for the athletically-inclined, hear me out. Yes, this sport may take a time or two to get used to, but it's far less impressive (read: difficult) than it looks, and majorly rewarding and relaxing. I think of it as the closest thing to being able to walk on water, offering a great perspective of the ocean or lake that you're paddling on, and the beachfront scenery that you cruise by.  Plus, apparently paddle boarding offers a great workout for the arms and core, so it's a double-whammy - exercise and a zen-like fun - rolled into one.

This handbag line: I came across accessories brand Linea Pelle last year, and while I've yet to splurge on one of their handbags, I've been eying up their beautiful products big time lately. I love these designs for their simplicity, quality, and yet, still accessible price point. I've long been a sucker for real leather purses and bags, though have been hesitant to swallow the prices of the major designer labels; Linea Pelle offers a product that in my eyes, offers a piece of luxury, without necessarily breaking the bank.

Refinery 29: How did I only recently discover this website? I mean, I knew Refinery 29 existed, but the fact that I only started frequenting it in the past couple of months? Well, let's just say that I know have yet another means (i.e. excuse) of spending (*cough* wasting) my time. Of course I need to know about Kesha's look on the cover of Teen Vogue. And obviously the top summer ab moves is critical knowledge that I cannot live without. Duh. 

What are you crushing on lately? Leave a comment below and share the love!
 


Like this post? Sign up below to stay up-to-date with the latest.

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment