Friday, November 08, 2013

Gems & Chihuly

Hey there! Today I thought I'd share a photo re-cap of my trip to Seattle last weekend! The trip was both an excuse to get away with my guy, plus check out a big gemstone trade show that was happening in the city. I was happy to get a large portion of my shopping done for the Spring '14 line, plus have the chance to check out some sights that I hadn't previously explored in Seattle. Since my boyfriend works in the tourism industry, and was wanting to suss out some local sights and hotspots for his clients, we were lucky enough to get a bunch of free passes to play tourist. 

One of the places Chris wanted to check out was the Chihuly Garden and Glass, a special gallery exhibit featuring the work of world-renowned glass artist, Dale Chihuly. I'm not going to lie - I went along to the exhibit a bit grudgingly, as I was thinking to myself - glass? Really? How interesting might this be? And can I just say, wow - was I wrong! 

Chihuly and his team have created colourful and breath-taking art installations, that are lit up with lights so that they glow from within. It was really a sight to behold, and I was impressed to find out that the guy is top-notch famous, having created exhibits throughout the waterways of Venice, and even at The Citadel in Jerusalem. 

Anyways, enough of my own ramblings on his work - you really just have to check it out for yourself. You can visit http://www.chihulygardenandglass.com to plan your own visit to the gallery, or find out more. 

Here are a few photos from the trip - I'd love to hear which glass installation is your favorite, so be sure to leave a comment below!

Labradorite & other gemstones at InterGem in Seattle
Rows & rows of colourful gems



Glass Ceiling at Chihuly Glass and Garden

Glass-filled Boat
 
Glass Forest


Love the colours of these Native American trade blankets!

Glass Garden

 Ocean Life Tower







Like this post? Sign up below to stay up-to-date with the latest.

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment