Friday, October 31, 2014

What I'm Loving Lately

It's time for another installment of "What I'm Loving Lately" - the little (and sometimes, big) things in life that have been bringing a smile to my day.

{Image via Cookie + Kate}

These pumpkin muffins.
Let me be totally honest here. Cooking? For the most part - I've got that. Baking, on the other hand? Forget it. I mean, I maybe bake something like, once every year or two, at best. It's not that I'm necessarily terrible at it, but while cooking seems an art form - throw in a little of this, and a little of that - baking is such a science - and chemistry was never my strong suit. Swap baking powder for baking soda? Bad idea. Opened the oven too early? See ya, cake. Plus, while I admire these women who can bake and not eat every last one of the two dozen cookies personally, I'm afraid my discipline isn't that good.

So imagine my joy to stumble across this super easy, and healthy, Maple-Sweetened Pumpkin Muffin recipe on the blog Cookie and Kate.  I win. 
 

 

This little beauty. 
Yup, if you haven't seen her on Instagram, the man and I got a puppy. And yes, she's a handful. And life is even more hectic than it was before. And we totally adore her. 

Sometimes crazy is a good thing. 


Alt-J's Hunger of the Pine.
This song is simply too good. Take a listen. 



Frye Boots.
I must admit that splurging on a pair of Frye Boots has been on my mind for a while now. Anyone I know that has a pair of Fryes swears they will last me forever, but I've always choked a bit on the cost. I mean, they're cool boots, but I'm not sure I felt that the purchase was "sexy" enough to warrant making. Well, let's just say this might be the season I buy some... Do you own a pair of Fryes and love them?

What are you crushing on lately? Leave a comment below and share the love!

 

Like this post? Sign up below to stay up-to-date with the latest.

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment