Friday, May 23, 2014

My Coastal Getaway

Last weekend my guy and I got out of town for a long weekend on the Sunshine Coast, just a short ferry ride from Vancouver. 

As much as I call myself a true city girl, and thrive on the buzz of a busy lifestyle, I love to get away from it all sometimes to soak up nature in a quieter and more relaxed setting. It was our first time visiting Pender Harbor and we were both enamored with the gorgeous scenery surrounding this little community. 

Is there a place that you visit where your heart completely opens up? For me, this is the experience of being on the ocean or smelling the earthy, piney scents of the forest. Combine both and you've got one blissed-out lady. Our weekend was filled with exclamations like, "Oh my god, that smell! Ahhhh...." and "Let's stay for a week...I don't want to leave." 

Of course, Chris and I are most content when we're active in nature, so we had our share of hikes and hilly bike rides that ensured we earned those end of day beers. Here are a few photos of our weekend that I thought you might enjoy. If you're still looking for summer getaway plans, I'd highly recommend a few days on the Sunshine Coast!



Like this post? Sign up below to stay up-to-date with the latest.

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment