Friday, March 21, 2014

The Westender's Spring Style Guide

I'm excited to have the new Keltie Leanne Spring Collection featured in this week's Westender newspaper! As a designer, there are few experiences that are more rewarding than having your brand featured in the press, front and center for new fans to discover and your current customers and admirers to see. 

There is also a certain degree of anxiety that accompanies the experience - How will I come across? Will the photographs accurately represent my work? What will people think of my designs? These feelings are intensified when you have the opportunity to meet with an editor or reporter in person: nowadays, with so much communication happening online, businesses often have the opportunity to take pause, and carefully craft their persona, so when an interview happens face to face it can be a scary thing and feel much more uncensored! For those who haven't had the chance to meet me in person, let it be known that I can be very chatty, forthcoming, and as such, prone to "foot in mouth" moments.

I had the opportunity to catch up with Westender Fashion Editor, Kelsey Klassen, in person, to talk about my business. Kelsey is a warm and lovely person, and we had a very easy rapport and conversation when we met for coffee to chat about my line. I didn't think too much further of what we'd discussed or the ins and outs of our conversation until I read the article in the Westender myself, and nearly laughed out loud. I recalled that I'd been professing my passion for gemstones and jewellery-making, and had confided that sometimes the gemstones are just so beautiful and juicy looking, I could eat them! Nom, nom, nom...

But seriously folks, as I'm sure you've surmised, I don't actually eat gemstones, and hope that my hyperbolic turn of phrase paints a clear picture of just how darn excited I am when it comes to my business. I was delighted that despite my quirky means of relating my excitement, Kelsey writes about how much my passion for Keltie Leanne shines through. At the end of the day, I love making beautiful things for my customers to adore and cherish, and aim to create pieces that they won't want to take off! 

If you haven't read the article yet, be sure to check it out here

Have a wonderful day!





Like this post? Sign up below to stay up-to-date with the latest.

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment