Friday, October 18, 2013

Little Black Dress

Little Black Dress

I'll admit it - I'm not much of a dress girl. Don't get me wrong, I do love donning a great party frock on occasion, but skirts and tops have been the mainstay of my "dressy" and professional wardrobes. I suppose the versatility of a skirt is what makes me wearing a dress a somewhat uncommon sight. The couple of statement-making cocktail dresses I own have seen me through many a wedding reception, birthday party, you name it - which in reality means a handful of fancy occasions per year. So in fact, it's not just that I rarely wear a dress, but also, I seldom buy dresses because I don't feel I have many occasions to wear one. All of my dress-shy feelings aside, I recently realized there were a number of events coming up that required a new dress, and it dawned on me that the item that could cure my "dresses-aren't-versatile" thinking was a perfect, little black dress.

I managed to nab this adorable scoop-neck, full-skirted number from Aritzia, just hours before my fall launch event and I've got big plans for this dress. It's already seen me to a Thanksgiving wedding, replete with black tights and a cherry red cardigan, and it's due to make at least two more appearances this upcoming holiday season. 

A little black dress can be worn with basic black pumps, ankle booties or a bright pair of statement shoes like the pair shown above. Throw on a simple cardi, a sparkly jacket, or leather bomber, and you've got three totally different and fabulous looks going on. And of course, when it comes to jewellery, a LBD is the perfect canvas for any of your favorite jewels - I've shown just a few of our new Fall 2013 designs that I think would finish off this look perfectly. Patterned tights, a simple clutch or colourful scarf - the possibilities for accessorizing a LBD are endless. 

I think I may have just cured my whole, dresses aren't practical, shopping mentality.

Like this post? Sign up below to stay up-to-date with the latest.

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment